Department of Financial Institutions
Power Up Your Professional Presence Training
Additional Resources – Emotional Intelligence:
- Cooper, Robert K. PH.D. Ayman Sawaf. Executive EQ – Emotional Intelligence & Leadership in Organization, Advanced Intelligence Technologies, LLC, 1996.
- Crichton, Rebecca. Emotional Intelligence: You Can’t Work Smarter Without It, Manager Magazine, Issue Three, 1998.
- Dwyer Bang, Jan “So, What Do You Do?” How to Respond with your Head And Your Heart, Real World Career Development Strategies That Work, Insight Publishing, 2003.
- Goleman, Daniel. Working with Emotional Intelligence, Bantam Books, 1998.
- Goleman, Daniel and Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee, Primal Leadership: Learning to Lead with Emotional Intelligence, Harvard Business School Press, 2002.
- Stauffer, David. Boosting your Emotional Intelligence, Managing Yourself For the Career You Want, Harvard Business School Press Corporation, The Results-Driven Manager Series, 2004.
- EQ Map – Essi Systems
- YouTube Video – Empathy vs. Sympathy – Brene Brown
- Coaching Questions – Powerful Questions
Additional Resources – Professionalism and Leadership:
For more information on leadership, visit my blog at: www.boundlessresults.com
- Purpose Driven Leadership Worksheet – Questions to Find Your Purpose
- Sample Agreement for Success (Team Norms) -WSP
- Sample Agreement for Success (Team Norms) – Honey Badger
- Learning Style Inventory
- Team Assessment
- Laughter and the Open Loop – Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Assessment
- Coaching Questions
- Conflict and Communication – Dr. Terry Paulson
- Brene Brown on Vulnerability – TED Video
Dealing with Managing Competing Priorities & Organizing your Work:
- Excuse Me – The Cost of Interruptions
- How to Deal with Interruptions in the workplace
- David Allen on Dealing with Interruptions
- 2 Minutes with David Allen – Email
- 2 Minutes with David Allen – Reference Filing
- Julie Morgenstern – SHED book
- It’s Not Your Mom and Dad’s Parenting – Parenting Style Over Generations
- Generation Y and Millennial Moms Parenting Style
- Reconciling Different Views of Generations – Jennifer Wilson – CPA Insider
- Generation X, Generation Y, Generation Z., and the Baby Boomers
- How Generation Z Works
- Generation Z: Rebels with a Cause
- Millennials are Old News – Here’s Everything you should know about Generation Z
Real World Career Development Strategies That Work
A practical book filled with a myriad of practical career tools and resources from 11 career professionals that include:
- Finding your Passion (by Jan Dwyer)
- Aligning your Career with your Life Purpose
- The Downsizing Survival Guide
- The Changing World of Work