2015 Northwest Clerks Institute – PD III
Service Leadership – Serving with Excellence, Clarity, and Heart –
Jan Dwyer Bang, MBA, CSP
June 15, 2015, Tacoma
Other Emotional Intelligence Resources
- Cooper, Robert K. PH.D. Ayman Sawaf. Executive EQ – Emotional Intelligence & Leadership in Organization, Advanced Intelligence Technologies, LLC, 1996.
- Crichton, Rebecca. Emotional Intelligence: You Can’t Work Smarter Without It, Manager Magazine, Issue Three, 1998.
- Dwyer Bang, Jan “So, What Do You Do?” How to Respond with your Head And Your Heart, Real World Career Development Strategies That Work, Insight Publishing, 2003.
- Goleman, Daniel. Working with Emotional Intelligence, Bantam Books, 1998.
- Goleman, Daniel and Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee, Primal Leadership: Learning to Lead with Emotional Intelligence, Harvard Business School Press, 2002.
- Stauffer, David. Boosting your Emotional Intelligence, Managing Yourself For the Career You Want, Harvard Business School Press Corporation, The Results-Driven Manager Series, 2004.
- EQ Map – Essi Systems
- YouTube Video – Empathy vs. Sympathy – Brene Brown
- Coaching Questions – Powerful Questions
- 5 Coaching Skills Every Manager Needs to Have by Martha Duesterhoft
- Aligning Action and Values – Article by Jim Collins
- Excuse Me – The Cost of Interruptions
- How to Deal with Interruptions in the workplace
- David Allen on Dealing with Interruptions
- 2 Minutes with David Allen – Email
- 2 Minutes with David Allen – Reference Filing
- Julie Morgenstern – SHED book
- Declare Email Bankruptcy Article – Michael Hyatt
- Manager-Tools Worksheet – How to Hold an Effective one-on-one meeting
- Julie Morgenstern – Never Check Email in the Morning
- Time Mastery Profile– Contact Jan at Jan@JanDwyerBang.com if you are interested in either the on line or paper version)
Other Tools and Resources:
- Team Leader Assessment
- Team Assessment
- DiSC – Comparison Report (Sample)
- Sample Team Norms
- Team Charter Worksheet
- Communication & Conflict (Dealing with your Difficult People) – Article by Dr. Terry Paulson
- Leadership vs. Management
- Ice Breaker Questions to Build Relationships
- Team Norms (Behaviors that Team Members Agree to Practice)
- Team Building Worksheet
- Team Leader Report Card
- Generational Differences – Dr. Elisabeth Nesbit
DISC Communication Style Assessment
For those of you who are interested in purchasing additional on-line version of the DiSC Communication Styles assessment (full version with detailed report), please let me know and I will be happy to assign you an access code. Each assessment is $35 including tax. The assessment takes about 15-20 minutes to complete and upon completion, you will immediately receive your 20 page report. Download this sample report to see what you will receive: Alex Bradley Sample Report
I would just need you to:
- Let me know the name and email address of each person taking the assessment
- Mail me a check for each assessment payable to Boundless Results to:
PO Box 1914
Sumner, WA 98390
OR, if you have a PayPal account: You can purchase instantly here.
When I receive your payment, you will receive an email with the subject line “Jan Dwyer has registered you for…” – in this email will be a link for you to obtain the DiSC Assessment report. Upon completion, you will immediately receive your report that you can download to your computer and print it out.
And remember – if you are desiring to discover your style in your personal life, you will answer all of the questions with that focus in mind.