Legislative Staff Academy 2016
October 6, 2016
Some ideas for your Challenges:
Dealing with Managing Competing Priorities:
- Excuse Me – The Cost of Interruptions
- How to Deal with Interruptions in the workplace
- David Allen on Dealing with Interruptions
- 2 Minutes with David Allen – Email
- 2 Minutes with David Allen – Reference Filing
- Julie Morgenstern – SHED book
Additional Articles and Tools:
- Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Sample Report
- Best Practices for Onboarding
- Co-Active Coaching Skills: Listening
- Do you need a Therapist or a Coach?
- Reconciling Different Views of Generations – Jennifer Wilson – CPA Insider
- Generation X, Generation Y, Generation Z., and the Baby Boomers
- How Generation Z Works
- Generation Z: Rebels with a Cause
- Millennials are Old News – Here’s Everything you should know about Generation Z
- It’s Not Your Mom and Dad’s Parenting – Parenting Style Over Generations
Other Emotional Intelligence Resources
- Cooper, Robert K. PH.D. Ayman Sawaf. Executive EQ – Emotional Intelligence & Leadership in Organization, Advanced Intelligence Technologies, LLC, 1996.
- Crichton, Rebecca. Emotional Intelligence: You Can’t Work Smarter Without It, Manager Magazine, Issue Three, 1998.
- Dwyer Bang, Jan “So, What Do You Do?” How to Respond with your Head And Your Heart, Real World Career Development Strategies That Work, Insight Publishing, 2003.
- Goleman, Daniel. Working with Emotional Intelligence, Bantam Books, 1998.
- Goleman, Daniel and Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee, Primal Leadership: Learning to Lead with Emotional Intelligence, Harvard Business School Press, 2002.
- Stauffer, David. Boosting your Emotional Intelligence, Managing Yourself For the Career You Want, Harvard Business School Press Corporation, The Results-Driven Manager Series, 2004.
- EQ Map – Essi Systems
- YouTube Video – Empathy vs. Sympathy – Brene Brown
- Coaching Questions – Powerful Questions
- 5 Coaching Skills Every Manager Needs to Have by Martha Duesterhoft
- Aligning Action and Values – Article by Jim Collins
- Declare Email Bankruptcy Article – Michael Hyatt
- Manager-Tools Worksheet – How to Hold an Effective one-on-one meeting
- Time Mastery Profile– Contact Jan at Jan@JanDwyerBang.com if you are interested in either the on line or paper version)
Other Tools and Resources:
- Team Leader Assessment
- Team Assessment
- DiSC – Comparison Report (Sample)
- Sample Team Norms
- Team Charter Worksheet
- Communication & Conflict (Dealing with your Difficult People) – Article by Dr. Terry Paulson
- Leadership vs. Management
- Ice Breaker Questions to Build Relationships
- Team Norms (Behaviors that Team Members Agree to Practice)
- Team Building Worksheet
- Team Leader Report Card
- Generational Differences – Dr. Elisabeth Nesbit
DISC Communication Style Assessment
For those of you who are interested in purchasing additional on-line version of the DiSC Communication Styles assessment (full version with detailed report), please let me know and I will be happy to assign you an access code. Each assessment is $59.25 plus sales tax. The assessment takes about 15-20 minutes to complete and upon completion, you will immediately receive your 20 page report. Download this sample report to see what you will receive: Alex Bradley Sample Report